American Legion Riders Mtg – April
April 12 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
At our next meeting in April we will have our first round of nominations for 2020/2021 officers. Is there someone that you think would be a good fit for an office or would you like a more active role within the organization; nominate that person or yourself.
Below is our current lineup
ALR Director: Brian Kloss
ALR Assistant Director: John Cap
ALR Secretary: Joe (Ratman) Kabella
ALR Treasurer: Dan Drzymalla
ALR Historian: Collette Turnbull
ALR Sergeant-At-Arms: Conrad Neihoff
ALR Road Captain: Robb Scholp
ALR Safety Officer: Keith Formell
Here are the roles and descriptions taken from the Illinois Legion Riders By-Laws
Section 4: Officers:
- Director/President, Assistant Director/Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Sergeant-At-Arms
- Optional Offices – Road Captains, Chaplain and Historian
Section 5: Duties
a. Presides over meetings.
b. Chief administrator and volunteer.
c. Liaison to sponsoring Post, District and Division. d. Supervises affairs and events
e. Delegates and follows up
f. Submits reports as necessary
- Assistant Director/Vice President:
- Performs duties as directed by Chapter director
- Conducts meetings in directors absence.
- Membership chairman.
- Maintains membership records and contact information
- Maintains meeting minutes and records of proceedings
- Maintains Chapter by-laws and amendments
- Maintains accurate record of chapters funds and transactions.
- Makes available to sponsoring post and members.
- Makes disbursals of funds when required.
- Makes finance reports as required.
- Sergeant -at –Arms and Road Captains and Safety Officers:
Plans runs along with road captains.
Helps maintain order at meetings if necessary.
Briefs members on routes and rides to ensure safety.
Drafts Safety rules for chapter.
Ensures that waivers are signed.